This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Sport » A London Opportunity Knocks

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A London Opportunity Knocks
statto99
Member # 82

- posted      Profile for statto99     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As I mention from time to time, I'm the sports editor for a reasonably well-known blog called Londonist, "a website about London and everything that happens in it... news and events, restaurants and bars, happenings and goings-on."

http://londonist.com/

In the last month we attracted, as Google puts it, 64,784 Absolute Unique Visitors. We're very well served for writers on subjects like music and restaurants, but not many of our happy (and, it should be stressed, unpaid) band venture into the territory of sport. Consequently, there is space on our roster for a couple of people to contribute in that area.

The main attributes such people would need to have are:

Entertaining and concise writing style
Availability to attend sporting events in London at least once a week and preferably a little more often.
Ability to post at least two to three pieces per week on a regular basis, some of which will need to be timely and about the events you attend.
Willingness to turn your hand to pretty much any sport (I've written about gaelic football, winter swimming, roller derby, dodgeball, cycling, snooker..)

This would clearly not suit anybody on here who actually is a sports journalist, but might interest somebody who isn't, but would like to find out if it's for them while building up a body of contacts and published work that scores high on Google searches in the process. We do get press accreditation at some events which can certainly help with the networking.

If there's more than a couple of applicants it would definitely assist your cause if you major in sports I'm not so fervent on (e.g. cricket, all forms of non-North American oval ball sport) and not in stuff I'm already all over (e.g. football, NFL).

If you're interested, PM me and I'll give you further details.

Posts: 6605 | From: the Mission Bell to the Deep Blue Sea | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC